Sunday, October 19, 2014

Second Day at Genrecon

Second day at Genrecon was much better for sales, hell I made the table back and am in profits, but many are not.  Much like I saw at FanExpo, there seems to be a lot of people going around just wandering and not buying, and the crowds there are small in my opinion, much likely due to the lack of advertizing for this show.
The panels have been interesting to say the least, the ones on which I have been a panelist.  The one on so you are publishing was quite good in that there were three of us doing it all differently.  One was actually accepted by a publisher and is going that way, and he is not entirely happy about how the process have been going in that they forced an artist upon him that didn't necessarily do all that good of a job in a few aspects on the cover.  The second person opened up her own publishing company, and that is going well, but much like everything, it is a slow buildup, but it is coming along.  I think this particular author will do well, as will the other one, but such is life.
The panel on the great Star Wars Episodes 1 to 3 was quite hilarious, in that one of the panelists was quite rabid to say the least, hell I am surprised no one actually jumped over the table at him.  I am not even sure he actually breathed at all during the time we were in there.  I have heard of fans like this, but man, to finally meet one, puts a lot in perspective.
I am glad I that I am sharing the table with a great bunch of people.  Ryan Toxopeus, a really awesome fantasy writer, Luke from Vocamus, Matt Payne; you can find easily in the market place because we are always animated quite a bit and attract attention.
I also want to give a yell out to my friend the bartender at the Holiday Inn, I must get his name, for not only pouring the drinks when needed, but coming by and visiting the table.  And to a few ladies who bought my book, I look forward to you coming back to discuss what you read last night.
Not much else to say here, as things are slow.
Alas no convenient pictures right now, I will make up for it in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment