Friday, September 26, 2014

So What's Next???


 So, now that Conquest is on the verge of being out there, what comes next?  I have to date managed to get out 2 novels and 1 novella, with a rather large novella planned to come out before we ring in the New Year.  4 pieces in one year.  Hell of an accomplishment.  As I have been editing for quite some time lately, it is natural that ideas have popped into my head on where to go next, and I thought I would give a bit of a summary of some of the projects I am actually doing writing on, or even one that I am editing with the hope that it will be the first release in 2015.
First up, of course, is Book III, with a working title of Liberation.  I had originally given this the title of Triumvirate, but I came down to it and said what the hell, try for a different name.  Just to put it out there, the Triumvirate Chronicles books all have one word titles, it is a theme I decided on years ago and have stuck to it.  Liberation picks up pretty close to where I left Conquest off, oh that bloody cliffhanger.  But in this book, I reveal a little bit more about the past history of the immortals, but also that there are still some ancient civilizations around.  There are hints about something even bigger going on in the galaxy, but I won’t say much.  Liberation will resolve a lot things, while setting up for the events in the next 2 books, which are connected.
Another piece I am trying to get out this year is Huntercats.  It continues the story of what happened in Genesis, and is really a story that tells of the culture of the Huntercats.  For this I had to do a lot of serious society and world building, but out of it came a sense of just what these creatures truly are.  The rather large novella is split into 4 stories, the first one entitled Preacher, the second Turtron, the third Vruta and the final one, working title only is Reprisal.  Reprisal is an interesting one as it brings all the players from the first three parts together at an event that is the most important event in the Huntercat’s society.  I hope to set up a few more novellas like this on some of the other species.  It is also in this story that we see the origin of a third faction of immortals not yet introduced in the Triumvirate Chronicles called the Daughters of Light.  And you know me, there will be a dark spin on these ladies.
As some of my works are done with a co-author, especially in the Anthology series, my co-author one day a few years ago dropped a story in my lap that for many reasons, remained unread until earlier this year.  And when I read it, I re-read it once again and the fire of the writer was ignited.  4 weeks later, I had taken a story that was essentially a novella, and turned it into a full length novel.  Saba’tah of the Endless Winds is a coming of age story to a large part, but with a twist in that it is a five hundred year old immortal finally taken from his Master (Remi from Genesis), allowed to experience a new world and then returns to save his Master from the clutches of a very dominant sword that is controlling him.  It is in this book that a true look at the swords of power, which play a part in the Triumvirate Chronicles, are revealed.  They are Solon (earth), Pratha(fire), Saba’tah(wind) and Excalibur(water).  We also see more of this mysterious dude called Beau Lennox.
Ahhh Beau Lennox is the subject of a series that I started awhile back in an attempt to write in a different genre.  The story is set on Earth in the 25th century.  Earth, ravaged by a space battle, is still recovering and most of its populace lives in farming communities.  The story is split into two stories which tell of the two quests of Beau Lennox to retrieve kidnapped people from the clutches of the mysterious raiders.  The story takes place through time, with Uluru, playing a central theme in that it is Grand Central Station for portals that take them through time in an effort to track down where the Raiders are.  It leads up to a surprise ending, which answers the question of who this man is that keeps appearing in many of my stories.  This one I don’t expect to be released for quite some time.
Another book in the works that I have started writing, and will probably work on during Nanowrimo, is called Shadow Assassins.  Currently the plan is to have a 3 part story, one part taking place in the Anthology of the Guardians Era, the second during the Grand Imperial Era, while the third, in the space of time between Desperation and Conquest.  The gist of the story is this:  assassins that use DNA to track down their targets are released on the galaxy as means to kill those that defy the group that wants to take over the galaxy.  In the Anthology part, an immortal called Kylara, is key in stopping the assassins, which go around in groups of 6.  In the second installment, we see Kylara and a mortal William Dabar, both special assassins for the Emperor, take them on, while in the third one, William Savage and another immortal must track them down and kill them, to prevent them from taking out the Territories’ government.
Now I have two works on the plotting board, the first one is called Thadon, the story of the first of the immortals to die.  It is set out in about a 12 or 13 part story as seen from the point of view of many of the immortals.  It is going to be quite complex in its story.
The second one on the board is called Genesis II, a direct sequel to Genesis in that it tells the story of the second group transformed, as well as the origins of both the Acronian star system and the long lives of the people there.
Well this sums up what I have on the go, other than a few other top secret project currently archived until I get the 8 book series the Triumvirate Chronicles all released.

Yes I love fucking with people's minds when it comes to including Earth in my writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment