Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Strange Shit and Other Crap From the Past Week.

I think the title says it all.  It's been quite strange times, almost the calm before the storm.  So what I have I been doing?  Well, there is the lead-up and preparation for FanExpo, I will not have Book 2 ready about 2 to 2.5 weeks after that.  I will take advance orders on packages though of the books, and will be ready to finally go on selling the ebooks directly from my own website (www.alexanderdundass.ca).
So since my last blog, I have been taking some down time, trying to interact more with people through social media.  Yes people don't like facebook being spammed with shares, but oh well, we all get them.  I did one night without sleep quite by accident and well the voices and things I was seeing were spectacular to say the least, showing just how close to a state of sleep deprivation I normally am, and add to that somewhere around day 5 of a migraine, well I just just peachy at work.  But then so was my colleague for other reasons (and they were justified let me tell you).
So in the past 12 days I have also finished work on Conquest, and it is off at my editor.  I will start preparing the file for it, and almost have the cover page done.  I am re-doing all of my cover pages, and the Triumvirate Chronicles will have a theme, somewhat inspired by early Iron Maiden records where Eddie just gets worse all the time.  I began editing Saba'tah, going through the changes the co-author did after I put my 45K word addition on. Yup, loooooking good for a release later this year, just not sure if it will be before Book 3 or not.  Might be nice to do a triple package special around Christmas.
On my down time I saw a kick ass 3 part documentary on Bigfoot (yeah go groan baby, this one is the best yet).  It seems that Bobo and friends on the Animal Planet Finding Bigfoot show just might be chasing other Bigfoot hunters as well as porcupines, horses, cattle, dogs, racoons, basically whatever is out there.  The interesting part is that Brian Sykes, the kickass researcher who developed the method for getting rid of contamination on hair samples for DNA analysis, making it possible to start actually analyzing ancient genomes.  He was the one who did the analysis of the samples to get to the conclusions.  The surprising thing is that some of the yeti samples came back as the same DNA as a long thought extinct ancient polar bear.  His sidekick was a veterinarian, and the look on his face was classic when this guy started talking in yeti.  I shit you not.  Here is a link to the video, but the classic part is the look on the face of the guy who is doing the interview.
Well with that, I will leave you for today, y'all take it easy.
We can only hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment