Saturday, August 23, 2014

So Why Am I Working on 2 Book Series at Once?

Well truth be told, there are really 5 series on the go for the time being, but 3 of them I won't take time to publish in for quite some time.  The two that I am concentrating on are of course Anthology of the Guardians, and the Triumvirate Chronicles.  So let's take a look at these a little bit.
The Triumvirate Chronicles was the first series I starting writing years ago, as for at least by that time, I had had these ideas going around in my heard for at least 10 years, if not more.  You all know this.  But as I was writing Triumvirate and editing it, I came up with the idea that my antagonists should be immortals too, but much older, and their story lost to history,  I examined what turned John Zabin into Canes.  And it is from there that Anthology of the Guardians was born.  Now let's be frank here, at the time of writing it, John Zabin was just that, but then came the so-called comic book names as my friend Trevor would say.  It was then that I fully realized I was writing about Canes and his origins, putting the whole story into one framework.  The Anthology of the Guardians series is meant to be, for the time being, a series of standalone stories, that is you miss one, it doesn't matter.  Now will there ever be a full out series for it, yes, there are plans, but not right now.
As for the Triumvirate Chronicles, it is what it appears to be, a book series.  I know that trilogies are popular because you don't have to wait forever to get to the end of the series (I will try to have a fairly good pace on releasing it), but it just wouldn't fit into a damned trilogy.  So it sits where it is currently at 8 books.  I cannot make it any smaller.  But in having immortals of different ages, it left the door open to other stories that well, are written.  Details of these stories are revealed in the Historian's Notes in many cases.  So you do get a flavor of them.  Now there are two other series, but they shall remain secret for now, I can't give all of you everything now can I?

Couldn't find a good infinity symbol for immortality, so this will do!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment