Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hmmm, What Do I Post About Tonight?

Alright, the codeine has kicked in for my weather caused migraine (4 weather changes in 6 hours is fucking hell, and it has to be bad for me to take codeine since that in itself can cause migraines).  Well I have two topics in mind, I either write about what I hate about my writing, or about how I hate Hollywood doing all these re-treads of movies.
Ahh let's do the second one tonight, and I will leave the other one for the next day.  Ok, I was very worried about the Star Trek reboot, mostly because I have been a fan of it my entire life.  It is one thing to do the early part of how they came together, but to do a complete change to the story, especially this one, well, I had my reservations.  I watched it, and well I loved it.  They did it beautifully, and artfully.  The story was solid.  But I wonder if they knew the whole scary thing that would happen in Hollywood because of this.  We are living in the era of the re-treads (most of the reboots are not good enough to call reboots).  Since Star Trek came out, we have seen Spiderman go through it (no time travel to cover the differences), X-Men done so badly no one really took notice that in the beginning of X-Men 3, that Prof X was walking, while at the end of the early life, an essential reboot, he was already in a wheelchair.  This is almost as  bad a fuckup as when they determined hair colour on Quincy from a thigh bone in the late 70s (yeah that writer got cornered and had the shit kicked out of him by a bunch of coroners for that, true story).  Ahh Spiderman, it wasn't bad enough they made Spiderman 3, but now they are into the 2nd movie, and there was barely any time between 3 and the new one.  Hell, we are even expecting a Fantastic 4 reboot already. There should be rules about this, but quite frankly, what it is coming down to, is that it is easier to do a re-tread and than come up with a new movie.  I am just hoping that they will soon get off this kick and get us back to some good old movies.  But in the meantime, let's do a few reboot ideas of our own:  Night of the Lepus would be awesome, nothing like watching 6 foot tall killer rabbits, Deliverance, Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry, and I did hear tell that they are re-doing Easy Rider.  Notice the general era of these movies.

Yup, let's just take a bad idea and retread it.
It still sucks at the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment